Covering the Spectrum and More
Residents living at The Virginia Home require around-the-clock care. In addition to providing professional nursing support, we give each person an opportunity to live a life with dignity, respect, and provide each person the chance to pursue personal dreams and enjoy new experiences regardless of the physical challenges one may face.
The Virginia Home provides outstanding nursing, dental and medical services to ensure the comfort and convenience of all residents. Services include:
- Complete 24-hour nursing care, medical director and PA
- Private rooms, daily housekeeping, and weekly laundry service
- Physical, occupational, recreational, and speech therapy
- Private transportation services via a fleet of four vehicles
- Therapeutic recreation opportunities both on-site and out in the community
- On-site routine dental services in our fully-equipped Dental Clinic
- Counseling services for residents and their families
- Wheelchair repair and maintenance
- Access to adaptive and assistive technology
- Multi-day trips to exciting destinations through our Community Integration Department and our Travel Scholarship Program
- For off-site medical care, we transport residents to and from regional hospitals and medical providers. Staff members accompany all residents to any off-site appointment if requested.